THANKSGIVING DAY
As always I am a bit behind schedule since I should have been posting this a week ago. For the Thanksgiving break, Kevin and Diana came to see us with Monica, Jessica, and Natalia. We also had the Pendelton's over for dinner on Thanksgiving Day. It was great! We had 6 adults, a 4 year old, a 3 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old, and 3 babies. So as you can imagine it was a bit chaotic and lots of fun. Elise brought some fabulous pies, for which I am very thankful since I can probably count my attempted pies on one hand, and the successful ones with one or two fingers. It was a fun day with good food and great company.
ARTWORK
Here they are showing off our thankful turkey (the colored pieces of paper were meant to be feathers with the things we are thankful for on them, but the kids had a different interpretation for how they were to be arranged).
Here is their googly eyes, pom pom, and coloring masterpiece.
And here is Sergito and Kenzie's not so planned mural. He added to it a few days later. (Fortunately it came off after 3.5 magic erasers.) We got a good laugh out of it, but don't tell them that.
As much fun as that was, the greatest entertainment of the weekend goes hands down to jumping on the air mattress.
We also did a little bit of black Friday shopping, took the kids to the fossil park by our house where you can search for fossils. It was very interesting, but it didn't last too long because the girls needed a bathroom just minutes after we arrived. That's a great advantage to still having your kids in diapers.
We also went to the Cincinnati art museum which was fun because we hadn't been yet. There was some very interesting and beautiful things there. Unfortunately it only took Sergito about 20 minutes before having a complete meltdown because mommy and daddy wouldn't let him run wild and touch everything he wanted to. Life is so unfair! Here they are waiting outside the museum after the meltdown.
He loved his uncle Kevin, and he even got a one on one trip to the grocery store with him. When they got back I asked Kevin how Sergito had behaved, and he repeated one of our favorite quotes once said of him by grandpa Roundy, "Great! I obeyed him in everything." Looks like favorite uncle David has some competition. Meanwhile Jessica and Monica stayed behind and we did some fun artwork with leaves and paint.
Emma and Natalia had fun getting acquainted, having baby conversations in which they seemed to know exactly what the other was saying. It's obvious they are going to be favorite cousins.
It was a fun long weekend full of fabulous chaos which apparently left Kevin exhausted by the end since he fell asleep in the middle of the action.
It was sad to see them go and for the past week Sergito has blurted out at random times during the day: "Kevin bye bye" and "Kenzie home". I think it's his way of saying: I wish we could see them more often, as do I. He also woke up extremely confused not to see daddy the day Sergio went back to work, as though he had gotten used to the idea that vacation would never end.
And last but not least, here is a video of Monica and Sergito dancing the night away.
No comments:
Post a Comment