Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Brother

As Emma has gotten older and more mobile, she has also become more demanding of attention. Fortunately Sergito has stepped up as the big brother. The other day I put Emma in her high chair while I was cooking dinner so that she could see me, but after a while my technique was ineffective and she started crying. As I was trying to finish up a couple of things in the kitchen before getting to her, she stopped crying all of the sudden. When I turned around to see why, I saw that her tray had magically filled up with toys. Sergito to the rescue! Often times these days I don't notice Emma has woken up from a nap until Sergito runs to me saying, "Emma sad, Emma sad." He even ran to fetch his coveted blanket when she was particularly upset the other day and was perplexed when it's all curing effects didn't seem to work on her.



As most toddlers his age, he also occasionally seems to think of himself as the parent rather than the child. My favorite demonstration of this was the other day when we were in his room. He was sitting at his table and I started singing the clean up song as I picked up his blocks. But instead of coming over to help me, he started clapping. Almost as soon as I realized he was clapping for me, he added "Good job, good job."

1 comment:

Elise said...

How cute!! Super cute little kids! We had a great time on Saturday. Hope you guys have a fun holiday season. Keep posting the pictures, they are so fun to see!