A sprinkling of Snow
Before the leaves had finished falling from the
trees, we woke up to a thin blanket of snow covering our porch. It was cold
enough that it lasted a good part of the day. Emma and Clark were so excited to
see snow again they insisted we make a snowman. Clearly I failed in convincing
them that there was not enough snow, and they came away very happy with their
mini snowmen.

Teaching Moment Gone Wrong
This is perhaps one of those stories
I shouldn’t share, and yet I am going to do just that . . .
The other day I was having a serious
talk with Clark in hopes of deterring his exhibitionist behaviors and his
recent fascination with pulling other people's pants down. I explained that our
bodies are temples that Heavenly Father gave us, and that we should respect our
own and other people's private parts including covering up and not touching
anyone else's bum etc. etc. . . .
Just when I thought I had gotten
through to him, he turned around and told Emma with an air of great surprise
and amusement, "Hey guess what Emma, mommy says I have a temple in my
bum!!!"
Needless to say he got an immediate time
out, during which I simply kept wondering if we spoke the same language,
thought on the same wavelengths, or even lived on the same planet. If only I
could understand how he thinks!
A video of my cute little monster and his evil laugh!
Mommy Daughter Date
I took Emma to Disney on Ice. She was so excited she
kept jumping up and down. I was afraid she was going to fall down the steps of
the arena.
The Sweet Smell of Fall
This may sound a bit odd, but I love the sweet smell
of rotting leaves in the fall. I am proud to say that it seems my enthusiasm
has rubbed off on my kids a bit.
Sergito was so anxious to enjoy the fruits of raking
leaves that he dedicated 10 to 15 minutes every morning to raking the front
yard while he waited for the bus. Late in the week when we got around to raking
the rest of the leaves, he was very upset that we added our leaves to “HIS”
pile. Fortunately it did not stop him from enjoying the best part: diving in
and making it rain leaves. Some may say that such behavior is
counterproductive, but truly . . . what is the point of fall if you can’t jump
in and have a little fun?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
I have had to undeniably
admit that I have a problem. I have raised kids who are reasonably respectful
when they go to friends' houses, at church, and at school. They would never
think of disrespecting there father, but somehow mom is a different story. Lately it's been getting worse and worse. I
believe this came about mainly by my coping mechanism of tuning the noise of
three energetic young children out. As a result my kids give me lip more often
than I'd like to admit. So, I'm on a quest to nip this in the bud before they
become teenagers and the battle has been completely lost.
A couple of days after focusing on
respect and having had several conversations with my kids about it, Sergito
demanded something of me in a very dis respectful tone. I honestly cannot
remember what any of it was about, but after spending about 20 minutes in his
room, I let him come out and he emerged with a look of honest regret and a
sorry note on a replica of our house, complete with a front and back view. He really can be such a sweetheart!
I Wanna Be Like You
I
wanna be like you-oo-oo
I
wanna walk like you
Talk
like you,
Wear
superman t-shirts like you
Oh,
oobee doo bee doobee doo!
Thanksgiving
This year we opted for a quiet
Thanksgiving with just us. We did miss David, Meli, Chad and Steph who have joined us for at least the last couple of years. In their honor, we did make David and Chad's delicious chipolte chorizo stuffing that I had been looking forward to all year.
Sergito took out his costumes from school so that
Sergio and I could wear them and then he and Clark proudly provided a puppet
show from turkey puppets they made themselves from brown paper bags. All was
well until the end when the turkeys turned cannibalistic . . . It really was
rather disturbing.
Here's Clark helping me crush pecans for the pie
Picture Perfect
During sacrament meeting last week
Sergito drew everyone in the clothes they were wearing. He ran out of time
before he could do me, but as you can see, he does like to pay attention to
detail.I perhaps should mention that the photo was taken a week after the pictures were drawn. I tried to get everyone in the same clothes, but I think Sergio had actually worn khaki colored pants the week before.
Dress Ups
At our house, any excuse to dress up is a good one. Here Emma and Clark were dressing up as Santa and Mrs. Claus. It was all fun and games until Sergito got home from school and decided HE wanted to be santa. I tried making an elf hat to dissipate the argument, but by then it had melted down into teary eyed, emotionally charged tragedy.
Look into the camera Clark and don't move!
Sergito's favorite sweatshirt, he even worked to pay for part of it.
Snow Day
We had some decent snow this past weekend thanks to
the storm that made its way across the country. The kids stayed home from
school Friday and couldn’t wait until the grass was covered before going out
and having some fun. Here they are sliding down our “hill”, not much of a hill,
on their “sleds”, foam tiles they grabbed from the basement. The miracle is . .
. they actually managed to slide! The funny thing is . . . we do have sleds in
the garage.
Round 2
Wiped Out
Nap time after playing the snow. They all insisted
they were NOT tired, but exhaustion beat them in the end! Note Clark’s ability
to keep his feet up on the wall at a rather uncomfortable looking angle while
fast asleep. I love how he has to wear his “cool” socks even when he can’t find
any matches.
| Sergito so territorial about the santa hat that he had to wear it to bed. |
Photo Shoot - testing out our new camera
My sweet princess: I had to tickle her to try and get a genuine smile. She's a pro at the fake cheesy grin.
That cute mischevious grin that saves him from soooo much!
| Gotta get those kisses in while I still can |
Emma’s Sculpture
As
I was driving I heard from the backseat . . .Umm this is so delicious. This
frosting is sooo delicious, and the cupcake is so delicious too. It’s the most
delicious cupcake I’ve ever had!!!
Medium: apple
Artist: Emma
Tools: teeth








No comments:
Post a Comment