The following post along with Quoteable Quotes and Memorable
Moments, are mostly a collection of facebook posts and some txt messages from the past couple years. Among
those posts I found the following:
May 6, 2012 -- Hey your blog needs updating! Don’t forget about
us fans! (From David)
It’s a year and a half overdue, but I am dedicating this post to
him, and to any other fans who care enough to read it. . .
Note: Most of the pics in this post have nothing to do with what's written
A glimpse into the life of a young mother
OK so I probably can’t
blame the following on motherhood. I must blame it on my own craziness, but it
is none the less quite memorable so I felt the need to include it.
Aug 5 2013 -- Almost made my husband
miss his flight this morning. . . Being married to me puts learning patience in
a whole new light.
Two days later I missed my own flight.
As a result not only did Sergito, Emma, Clark and I lose an entire day of
vacation, but also $200 in order to change our flight out to Utah.
Note to self: Make sure when setting
the alarm for a super early flight that the snooze button is NOT within arms
reach!
July 2013 -- Lost a
flip flop at the pool today. Thanks Clark for throwing it in
May 12, 2013 (Mother’s
Day) -- Woke up this morning to scampering feet in and out of my bedroom that
secretly left "suprise cards". Wonderful day thanks to my fabulous
husband and kids who cooked and cleaned and pampered me all day long! Hope all
the wonderful mothers and hopeful mother's in the world felt as special as I
did today:)
May 5, 2013 -- LEGOS
. . . Such a painful invention.
Potty Training
I really thought I was a pro at this UNTIL . . . .
Jan 5, 2013 --- If
you were a tricksy two year old trying to hide a pair of underwear . . . .
Where would you put them?
Jan 23, 2013-- Back
to diapers. I refuse to try again for at least two months. I should have known
sooner, but his siblings were so anxious to take him to the bathroom he hardly
had any accidents with them around. And for anyone wondering . . . the missing
underwear . . . are still missing.
Jan 24, 2013 -- It's
official: last week and a half of potty training . . . EPIC FAILURE!
May 22, 2013- Clark
ya hizo pipi 6 veces. . . Ya le dije que ya no le voy a dar skittles si solo
hace un poquito. Hizo un gran berrinche
y luego saco un monton de pipi. Yo pensaba que estaba vacio. :S
June
22, 2013 -- Someone really needs to invent a fast forward button for potty
training! NOW!
Nov. 29, 2012 -- New
favorite consequence:
Wash a window-- at this rate it will only take a couple days to do the whole house. Maybe after that we can start with toilets:)
Wash a window-- at this rate it will only take a couple days to do the whole house. Maybe after that we can start with toilets:)
Nov. 5, 2012 -- I love my
kids!!! . . . They still nap:)
Nov. 29, 2012 -It baffles me how toddlers can get more
hyper the more tired they are. Clark was running full speed when I picked him
up and put him in his crib, but he cuddled right up with no protests!
April 3, 2012
-- Grocery carts are a great way to keep an active almost 2 year old in check,
unless of course the buckle doesn't buckle and then it becomes more hazardous
to keep him in the cart than out . . . Thanks to that fact my determined child
put on a lovely theatrical show for all to see complete with pounding fists,
kicking legs and writhing body on the ground . . . I am comforted to know that
when the hard decisions in life come in the future, he will have the strength
of character and determination to stand his ground
April 10, 2012
-- Aaaah peaceful rest after a crazy
morning of getting into mom's mascara, wrestling diaper changes, food fights
across the kitchen's newly mopped floor, and racing with siblings. . . (That photo really was taken April 10th)
April 29, 2012 – It’s
official. I am crazy!
March 31, 2012
-- Clark cried inconsolably when daddy left for priesthood conference until . .
. Sergito let him borrow a batman sock. Who would have thought a tiny sock
could solve all your problems???
Dec 8, 2011 -- Thought
it would be a good idea for the kids (yes all 3) to help me pick out the gift
we're donating for Christmas, and then I added to our outing: the post office
and a massive grocery shopping trip involving 2 stores. By the time we got
around to picking out the toy, chaos reigned, and I picked it out myself. Worst
shopping trip I've had in a long time, and that's saying something. As Gramps
Lyons would say, "That's what ya get for doin' your own thinkin'!"
What was I thinking?
Dec 6, 2011 -- Vicks
vapo rub is a fabulous thing to help babies sleep with stuffy noses. I love it!
My poor little Clark. . . But now he's happily sound asleep:)
Nov 2011 -- I know my
week is complete when we've spilled milk on the floor a MINIMUM of 3 times
Nov 17, 2011 -- Sergito
is sad about not going to the store and is not happy that he can't watch TV
now! Clark's sad I took away a handful of sharp pencils and Emma's having a
major meltdown over having to wear pants. . . Time for a mommy time out!
Sept 22, 2011 -- Kids
are great for raising self-esteem:
Sergito: Mom your
eyes are purple.
I'm thinking he's
complimenting me on my eye color, though I wondered whether or not he was
colorblind.
But then he added:
You're tired because you have HUGE purple circles under your eyes!
This is a
picture taken in 2008 when Emma was a few months old. I had just had my hair
cut and styled (a rare ocrurrence) and was wearing makeup. I felt the need to
include this pic to document the rare occurrence, when I don’t have crazy hair,
no makeup and “HUGE purple circles under [my] eyes!”







No comments:
Post a Comment