Monday, March 23, 2009

Sergito Speaks



(Photo disclaimer: most of the pictures in this post are not related to what's written, but what's a post without any pictures huh?)

It gets to be so much more entertaining to be a mom once your babies start speaking. My question is: How do they know exactly what not to repeat? It's always the phrases I say out of frustration without thinking that I'm shocked to hear coming out of Sergito's mouth:
"Stop it"
"Go away" (I almost didn't post this one because I'm embarrassed to admit I've said it to my son, but alas, I am who I am)
"Darn it"
" Oh my gosh"
Needless to say I now try to think BEFORE I speak.

Another useful one that he's picked up is "I'm too busy." Whenever it's nap time or bath time, I invariably find out that he just too busy to bother, even if all he's doing is walking around the apartment.


Loading both Emma and Sergito in the car at the same time can often prove difficult, so lately I've let Sergito in the car and then strapped Emma into her seat before putting Sergito into his to avoid leaving him out of the car where he can run into the street. Well on one of these occasions he had climbed into the drivers seat, grabbed the steering wheel and was ready to go. After chuckling a bit, I told him, "Sorry Sergito, you can't drive until you're 16 and you're not even 6" To which he emphatically replied "I'm six, I'm six! "



A couple months ago Sergito was in the "no" phase which of course meant it was his answer to everything. One morning I was telling him how handsome he was, when he turned to me with his eyebrows knit together and said with all the feeling he could muster, "NO handsome!" Smiling in return I asked, "You're not handsome? OK, so are you ugly?" This sounded much better to him and he happily replied, "Yeah, ugly. . . yeah."



He also takes prodigious good care of his sister whether it's being the first one to let us know that Emma's sad or awake or needs a blanket - in this case he seemed to think she needed four.


A few weeks ago Sergio was sick and spent most of the day sleeping to recover. Since then whenever we are waiting for him to leave the house or to eat dinner, Sergito patiently explains, "Daddy's sick mommy, daddy's sick."

The other day I was doing laundry when I smelled something funny coming from Sergito's pants which seemed strange because nothing had spilled on them. Finally I found a collection of orange peels in his pocket and realized that laundry would never be the same again. Sergito had discovered his pockets.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Your blog looks super cute! I love the colors!! I am glad that Kenzie isn't the only using phrases such as "darn it". I really have to watch what I say!