In October we had the opportunity to go visit grandma and grandpa in Colombia. Only Sergio stayed home to work so we could pay for the trip:( The rest of us came back very spoiled. Our airplane trip there and back turned out suprisingly well considering how long they were, especially on the way back we had a 7 hour layover in Miami. The only real hiccup was on the way there, landing in Barranquilla, Emma started screaming her lungs out, and she didn't stop all the way through customs, until grandpa carried her and calmed her down. The advantage in all this is that we were such a pitiful site that in customs the people let us skip to the very beginning of the line. Here is a picture of Sergito entertaining himself during one of our layovers.
Sergito was the king of the house while we were there. He had a lot of fun playing with grandma who obeyed him in everything.
Zoo Highlight
We took a trip to the zoo where Sergito enjoyed the monkeys and gorillas, but I have to admit that the kiddie rides were the highlight for him.
Batman and Robin
Grandpa took time out of his crazy schedule to bond with Sergito whether it was running around the shopping center until they were both sopping wet in the humid heat or building and destroying lego towers.
Beach Fun
Spending a few days at the beach was a highlight for all of us. Sergito had a ton of fun knocking over the sand towers I built for him; Emma enjoyed taking long naps and showing off her rolls; and we all had fun in the amazingly warm ocean water. The first time I took Sergito into the waves he couldn't stop laughing; it was just too exciting.
It was a great trip, we're only sad grandma and grandpa live so far away that we can't see them more often. Here's a video of Sergito playing catch with grandma.




2 comments:
What a fun trip! I had no idea your parents are in Colombia now. Your kids are so cute, by the way. I just love Emma's fat rolls!! I noticed in your other post you mentioned a Christmas trip to Nauvoo...we are in the Nauvoo temple district and live just 2 hours away. Where are you living now?
Loved the pictures! It is fun to see your parents. I am sure it was so good to go and visit them.
I didn't know that Ana Maria was engaged! When is the wedding? I am sure I will get to hear all the details at Thanksgiving. Wish you guys could come to Utah! I would love to get Emma and Luke together.
Post a Comment