Yesterday, after another deafening silence, I began to search the apartment: Emma’s jumper – unoccupied, the video closet – safe, the computer – untouched, the pantry goodies – uneaten, our closet – empty, our bathroom – undisturbed, or so I thought. And then . . . I heard something stirring behind me. There he was busily gulping down his toothpaste, standing in our sink, with the most satisfied, mischievous grin I have ever seen. You may ask: How did he do it? To which I can only offer an educated guess. Based on the squashed state of our magazine basket, I would say that he used the basket to reach the toilet. Somehow from the toilet he got onto the counter, perhaps using the toilet paper roll as a step, and of course from the counter he proceeded into the sink. Despite the fact that this was all very dangerous and I probably should have disciplined him immediately, being the fabulous mother that I am, my first reaction was to chuckle and run for the camera. Thanks to my insensitivity we now have evidence of his mischief for posterity.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I'll bet you never knew toothpaste was sooo good!
Yesterday, after another deafening silence, I began to search the apartment: Emma’s jumper – unoccupied, the video closet – safe, the computer – untouched, the pantry goodies – uneaten, our closet – empty, our bathroom – undisturbed, or so I thought. And then . . . I heard something stirring behind me. There he was busily gulping down his toothpaste, standing in our sink, with the most satisfied, mischievous grin I have ever seen. You may ask: How did he do it? To which I can only offer an educated guess. Based on the squashed state of our magazine basket, I would say that he used the basket to reach the toilet. Somehow from the toilet he got onto the counter, perhaps using the toilet paper roll as a step, and of course from the counter he proceeded into the sink. Despite the fact that this was all very dangerous and I probably should have disciplined him immediately, being the fabulous mother that I am, my first reaction was to chuckle and run for the camera. Thanks to my insensitivity we now have evidence of his mischief for posterity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment