Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Who needs superheroes when you have Daddy?

It's not every Daddy who can pose as a superhero

As many of you are aware at our house we watch, read, breathe, and draw superheroes. Not bad for a 3 year old!


I am well aware of the fact that my kids look up to their dad as some sort of superhero, but on the day I overheard the following conversation, I thought it would be fun to determine to what extent. 

Sergito was discussing the amazing strength of Donkey Kong when Emma chimed in, " But he's not as strong as Daddy! I mean he can't have muscles as big as daddy's can he? . . . He can't be as strong as Daddy. "

And so I decided it was time to conduct a superhero interview

Who's stronger Daddy or Superman?

Sergito: Superman
Emma: Ummmm  . . . The same

Clark: Daddy

An Expert at tackling, training, and taunting


Who’s your favorite superhero?

Sergito: Batman! (No hesitation)  . . . from DC . . . But if you’re talking about Marvel Universe, then . . . Iron Man

Emma:  . . . Any superhero . . . it doesn’t really matter which one . . . I don’t really like superheroes . . . Well . . . does it have to be from Justice League?
Me: No
Emma: Ok then, (big smile), it’s the power puff girls. I like Buttercup because she’s rough. I like Bubbles because she likes cute things . . . but, she still fights. I like Blossom because she’s smart and knows lots of things. 

Clark: Flash!
Me: Why Flash? Cause he’s fast?
Clark: Yeah and he has these things on his boots.
Me: These things? Lightning bolts?
Clark: These things . . . right here (pointing to his shoes)
(It should be noted that I could probably ask this question of Clark on 10 different days and get 10 different answers: Superman, Sonic, Ninja Turtles, Green Lantern, etc. etc.)

If Daddy Had a Superpower What would it be?

Sergito: Maybe strong, ‘cause he’s really strong . . . or maybe fast . . . fast and strong . . . or maybe all in one! Yeah, all the powers in one!

Emma: STRENGTH!  . . . That’s easy! (As if I were trying to trick her with my questions)


Clark: laser . . . I wish I had a shield, or a cape, or a mask, or a ring . . .


It's the superplank!!! And Daddy and his wannabes showing off their guns!

He can even pretend to be bested by the little one . . . Sergito and Clark showing off their superpeed. The jump so fast it's a blur!


If Daddy was a Superhero what color would his costume be?


Sergito:  . . . All the colors in one. Yeah ‘cause he has all the powers so he has all the colors!
Me: All the colors in one? Like a rainbow?
Sergito: No, ‘cause he’d ALSO have black, and grey, and brown . . . What about his cape would he have a cape?
Me: I don’t know would he?
Sergito: Yes! It would have a “C” on it with all the colors . . . No, not a “C” (for colors) an “S” for Superhero. And he would have a mask . . .  all Black . . . NO . . . not all black, ALL the colors!

Emma: Blue and Red! Red boots, and leggings, and a sign on the middle of his chest, and sleeves . . . the sleeves would be blue. 


Clark: Green! . . . Like Green Lantern.

If Daddy was a superhero what would be his name?

Sergito: Umm . . . I have to think . . . “The Smart Marvel”!  . . . And the “S” on his chest is for “smart” not for “superhero”

Emma: Superman!
Me: The same as Superman?
Emma: Yeah, but Superman is NOT real. Daddy is!


Clark: Batman . . . NO . . . IRON MAN!!! . . . . I wish I could be Batman for real life! . . . Mom you wish you could be Supergirl! (said as a statement NOT as a question).

Last But Not Least . . . Superhero Training!

 

No comments: