Sergito's imagination runs wild. It is so much fun to overhear his conversations. Here are a few from the past couple of months.
Sergito playing with the wind sock he made at playgroup
Local Heroes
Last week we had a large tree taken down in our back yard. Sergito had his friend Thomas over and they were very entertained watching the climber on the tree determining what branches to start with. I don't remember who said what exactly, but the conversation went something like this:
He's a really good climber
Yeah, he's awesome! He can climb really high.
He's got guns.
"Those aren't guns they are the harnesses to keep him tied to the tree so he won't fall" - me
Yeah, so he won't fall, that's cool.
He's gonna climb all the way to heaven.
Yeah, to heaven and then he's gonna fall and realize he's not really in heaven.
Yeah, he's gonna fall and he won't be in heaven anymore. I hope he falls.
"No we don't want him to fall, then he'd get hurt and we don't want him to get hurt". - me
No, we don't want him to get hurt. I don't want him to fall.
Emma chiming in, "I don't want him to fall."
I do, I want him to fall.
I don't
I do.
Yeah me too. I want him to fall really far!
After that the harder I tried to convince them that we didn't want him to fall and get hurt, the more they decided it would be fun to watch him fall.
Dinosaurs and Theology
Another day I overheard Sergito having the following conversation with his friend Luke:
T rex is mean!
Yeah he's a bad guy.
Yeah, he's a bad guy; he's on Satan's team.
Yeah, he's on Satan's team, but not us, we're good guys.
Yeah, we're good guys, we're on Jesus' team.
Yeah we're on Jesus' team because we're good guys. We choose the right!
Yeah we choose the right!
But not T rex.
No, not T rex, he's on Satan's team.
Note: the above conversation was delivered in the toughest, mean guy voices possible for four year olds.
Emma and Sergito out to play in the snow
El Interés Tiene Pies
Sergito really wanted to watch TV the other day and I sent him and Emma to the basement to pick up 20 things each. Sergito had long since finished and Emma had 9 left to go, so Sergito being the helpful big brother that he is says, "I will count to nine for you. Ok Emma? . . . I'm so nice with you. Huh? . . . (from the staircase directing her as a supervisor would his crew) one. . . two. . . three. . . " I just loved how selfless he thought he was being!
Superheroes
(still a prevalent topic in our home)
Sergito to Emma on a day when she was not feeling particular keen on playing the superhero role appointed to her.
"You're orange girl!" (handing her an orange maraca) ". . . 'cause Orange Girl has a cape. . . and she can fly. . . and she turns everything ORANGE. That's cool!"
Emma runs over and starts playing with Clark
"No Emma, that's stringy baby. Don't touch him! He'll sting you. He's stingy guy! . . . He has STINGY POWER!"
Emma keeps touching Clark.
"You are going to be turned into a SCREWDRIVER!!!" Sergito is holding up a screwdriver and emphasizes his point with a tone of absolute urgency in his voice, "SCREWWWDRIIIIIVEEEER!!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment