Yesterday I was gathering toys to take to our playgroup at church while Sergito and Emma waited in the living room. As I got closer I hear, "I'm taking a turn, and then you can take a turn, and then it will be my turn again ok? Here you go Emma it's your turn."
My heart melted on hearing how politely my children were playing with each other until I got closer and realized that they were taking turns coloring on the couch with a ballpoint pen! Not so cute after all. Thank heavens for hairspray!
Emma enjoying someone else's tricycle at playgroup (after helping to clean up the couch)
Another Kitchen Boo Boo
Later that day I added to the excitement by creating a 2 foot grease fire in the kitchen while attempting to make pozole. This immediately set off all fire alarms in the apartment, not helpful when trying to concentrate on putting the fire out. Despite the alarms I put it out very quickly and no one was burned. In fact the pan didn't even burn. Emma was taking a nap at the time and she simply rolled over when I walked in with the broom to try and silence the fire alarm, looked at me, and then went back to sleep. I thought that was rather impressive since she had already been sleeping for at least 2-2 1/2 hours.
A lovely walk in the park
This morning I took the kids for a walk in the park to get some exercise. I found out that mall speed walking is much easier than regular walking up and down hills with a double stroller. The weather has been so nice and warm lately that I wanted to get outside, and it really was refreshing. It probably would have been a bit more peaceful if Emma hadn't been crying non-stop for the first 25 minutes of the walk (no that is not an exaggeration, I looked at my watch when we started and again when she calmed down). Here's a cute picture of the kids toward the end of the walk when I let them get out and walk the last stretch.
4 comments:
I don't know if you have read the the book "How does a dinosaur say I love you" But it totally describes kids... you think they are the cutest one moment and you want to wring their necks the next. Love the posts!
Love the taking turns story!! Of course they had to be into mischief! So cute!
Okay, so how do you get ballpoint pen off the couch? We have a similar problem at my house....Your children are adorable. I love Emma's curly hair!
Michelle, so Ihaven't been on my blog in almost a year. I do hope you figured out the hairspray thing. Hairspray, especially cheap hairspray will get pen marks off almost anything:)
Post a Comment