Today was a crazy day. full of the everyday details of life. It started out quite normal, wake up, feed the kids, change diapers, get them dressed . . . and then it occurred to me to make chocolate chip cookies to take to the playgroup/baby shower/farewell for Kari who is sadly moving tomorrow. Making the cookies of course got me behind schedule, so I'm rushing around trying to get balls and toys in the car to take to church for the kids to play with in the gym, pack the diaper bag, load everything into the car, load the kids into the car and drive off. Half way there I realized I forgot the cookies (yes the ones that made me late in the first place).
We went to the church, loaded everything out of the car (except for the cookies), helped set up, got back in the car, ran to the grocery store to buy the veggie tray I should have bought earlier, but of course didn't, realized they didn't have enough regular veggie trays, bought the regular veggie tray they had and an organic veggie tray (half the size, twice the price), drove back to the church, and joined the party.
The moms played and chatted, and had a fabulous time while the kids around in circles having a fun until it was half an hour past nap time and Sergito started crying over anything and everything while Emma was so tired she didn't know what she wanted other than to be held nonstop. After cleaning with intermittent meltdowns, we made it home, and got some food in the kids' stomachs before going down for naps.
While the kids were eating lunch I discovered a couple of things. First I had forgotten to take my camera to the activity (hence the lack of pictures in this blog, and the lack of pictures for Keri's farewell scrapbook -- sorry). And second, Sergito had managed to decorate four walls of the house with a brown crayon during the morning confusion.
The best part was talking to my mom on the phone as I'm cleaning the wall and hearing her laughter on the other end as she reminisces about all the mischiefs she had to clean up -- Sweet revenge! Apparently I pretty much drew murals all over my bedroom walls, and after hours of trying to clean it off and failing, she decided to paint over it.
I'm not quite sure how, but somehow I managed to do the laundry, wash off Sergito's art work, pick up, vacuum, save the diaper panel questionnaire sheets after Sergito decided to squeeze his paint pen all over them, make dinner, wash the dishes, wash the watermelon juice off the wall (thank you Emma), bathe the kids and get them ready for bed with daddy's help, clean the bathroom, blow up the air mattresses and make three beds, all in time for Sergio's MBA buddy Brett to arrive with his son after driving 17 hours from Houston (talk about a road trip).
I of course spent the whole day binge eating all the chocolate chip cookies I forgot to take to the party, and then felt sick all evening from the sugar overload. How come I never learn?
No comments:
Post a Comment